Facebook Weekly Question Contest
Weekly Facebook Contest Rules
At 10 am on Monday mornings we will post a question on our Facebook page. All participants will have until 10 am that same Wednesday to comment on that post to have a chance to win our homemade chocolates.
Everyone who answers the question on the original post will be entered in a random drawing. Winners will receive our 1 lb. Assorted Chocolates gift. Two winners will be selected each week.
The winners* will be posted or tagged in the comments section of the original post on our Facebook page and will be asked to contact us through private messenger to claim the prize. Local winners may pick up their chocolates at our De Pere store. We will send the prize to an out-of-town winner with a USA address.
*Winners must reside in the USA, must be at least 18 years old, and cannot have won a gift from us in the past 30 days. Employees and their immediate family are not eligible to win. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. By entering, Entrants agree to a complete release of Facebook. No purchase necessary.
Past question dates and winners for each contest:
10/3/2022 at 10:00 am.
Winners: Tara LaCrosse and Christine Libal Berner (1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Box)
10/10/2022 at 10:00 am.
Winners: Pam Oettinger are Judy Kipe (1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Box)
10/17/2022 at 10:00 am.
Winners: Anna Johnson and Barbara Albers (1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Box)
10/24/2022 at 10:00 am.
Winners: Ellen Shafranski Rice and Nikky Ann (1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Box)
10/31/2022 at 10:00 am.
Winners: Cody Halvorson and Janet Stark (1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Box)
11/7/2022 at 10:00 am.
Winners: Sara Manthey Norred and Alicia Buresh (1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Box)
11/14 - 12/26/2022
No questions during this time.
Seroogy’s Chocolates – Weekly Facebook Contest
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES & ELIGIBILITY DOCUMENT – Seroogy’s Chocolates Weekly Facebook Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
Promotion participants agree to be bound by the following rules:
1. PROMOTION PERIOD AND DEADLINE FOR Seroogy’s Chocolates Weekly Facebook Contest begins weekly at 10:00:00 a.m. CDT on Mondays and all entries must be received no later than 10:00:00 a.m. CDT on Wednesdays. Sponsor reserves the right to begin or end the Promotion earlier than stated above, or to extend the length of the Promotion in its sole discretion.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Seroogy’s Holiday House and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Purchases do not increase chances of winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of valid entries received.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Seroogy’s Holiday House Weekly Facebook Contest (“Sweepstakes”) will be posted on Seroogy’s Chocolates Facebook page only. Participants are to comment on the post in order to be placed in a random drawing to choose the winner. Entries for the sweepstakes will be accepted from 10:00:00 a.m. CDT on Mondays, 10:00:00 a.m. CDT Wednesdays (“Entry Period”) weekly. No other attempted method of entry will be accepted; entries may not be mailed.
Entries should not contain any defamatory, libelous, indecent, or obscene material, sexual content, inappropriate language, unsuitable behavior, or adult-oriented material. Any entry that, in the sole judgment of the Seroogy’s Holiday House, or their agents, violates the foregoing requirement will be automatically discarded and entrant will not be eligible to win.
Any Promotion entrant giving false or misleading information will be disqualified and any prizes won will be withdrawn. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, telephone numbers, and details of previously won prizes.
Limit one entry per person regardless of IP address used to submit the entry. Any attempt to submit more than one entry per person may result in disqualification at Sponsor’s discretion. No robotic, programmed, script, macro, or other automated entries.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for attempted entries due to network outages, hardware, or other technical failures. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, or damaged entries. Neither Sponsor nor its Partner assume responsibility for error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delays in operation or transmission, theft, destruction, alterations of, or unauthorized access to entries.
Upon submission, all entries become the property of the Seroogy’s Chocolates. Submission of entries grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to edit, adapt, modify, copyright, publish, produce, market, and use the entries in whole or in part for any purpose and in any media, whether now known or hereafter developed, without limitation or notice, without attribution, compensation, royalties, or other consideration (except where prohibited by law), and constitutes the irrevocable assignment and transfer to the Sponsor of any and all right, title, and interest in and to such entries, including, without limitation, all copyrights and any renewals and extensions thereof. Upon the Sponsor’s request, if necessary, entrants will execute any documents necessary to effectuate such ownership and assignment or transfer. Entries cannot be revised or altered by the entrant once submitted and shall not be returned to entrants upon completion of the Promotion or at any other time irrespective of any such request by an entrant.
4. WINNER DRAWING: Two (2) winners will be selected at random on Wednesdays from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
5. AWARDING OF PRIZES: You are not a winner until your eligibility has been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules. Potential winners will be first notified on Wednesdays by being tagged on the original contest Facebook post or announced in another comment on the original contest post. Potential winners must respond by sending Sponsor a “Private Message” on Facebook with their intention to accept the prize within 48 hours from when the initial comment was made. If a potential winner does not reply to the initial comment within 48 hours, he/she will be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner will be randomly selected from among remaining eligible entries. Once contact has been established, sponsor will ask for winner’s information (name, address, phone number, and email address) in order to award prize. If Prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact potential winner, or the potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner selected, time permitting.
Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its advertising and promotional agencies to use the winner's name, photo and/or likeness, and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation and without additional compensation or permission unless prohibited by law. Upon request by Sponsor, winner will provide written consent for such use.
If by reason of error, more prizes are claimed than were intended to be awarded, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the prize.
There is no cash alternative to the advertised prizes. No substitution or transfer of any prize by any Winner permitted except by Sponsor at its discretion. Winner does not receive right to select prize.
6. PRIZES: 2 prizes/2 winners, Each winner will receive: One (1) 1 lb. Assorted Chocolates Gift Box Estimated Value: $24.50
7. GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS: The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations. By entering the Promotion, each entrant, on behalf of himself/herself, and his/her executors and heirs, agrees (a) to be bound and abide by these Official Promotion and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is final and binding and not open to appeal; (b) to release, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents, representatives, employees, suppliers, agencies, successors, assigns, licensors, licensees, advertising or promotional agencies, and any prize-sponsoring agency (collectively, "Released Parties"), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with or related to this Promotion, including, without limitation, from any and all causes of action, liabilities, suits, claims (including but not limited to, any third party claims that may be made against entrant or Sponsor, and claims arising out of or relating to acceptance, receipt, possession, or use/misuse of any prize, or any publicity or other public exposure of entrant, including without limitation, claims concerning infringement of entrant’s or any third party’s intellectual property rights or invasion of entrant's privacy or publicity rights, or defamation, or acts undertaken in preparation for, or participation in, the Promotion), cross-claims or counterclaims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages or demands of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light, or attorneys’ fees or costs) (collectively, "Claims"), WHETHER OR NOT ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF A RELEASED PARTY; (c) that he/she has no right to bring, and covenants not to bring, any claim, action, or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against the Released Parties; (d) to assume all risks, express or implied, associated with all Claims released above, including without limitation, all risks concerning entry into and participation in the Promotion; and (e) that NONE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE MADE OR MAKE OR ARE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATIVE TO THIS PROMOTION OR A PRIZE, AND ALL PRIZES ARE TENDERED TO ENTRANTS ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES THAT EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE OF ANY SWEEPSTAKES MATERIALS OR ANY PRIZE.
In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any promotion materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Promotion Rules, these Official Promotion shall prevail, govern, and control.
An entrant’s entry will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if he/she attempts to (a) enter the Promotion through any means other than described in these Official Promotion Rules; or (b) disrupt the Promotion, circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Promotion Rules, or in any way tamper with any component of the Promotion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Official Promotion Rules, Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend, modify, or cancel the Promotion, or any portion thereof, if it cannot be run as originally planned, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud; infection by computer virus; malicious software attacks, bugs, fraud, non-authorized human intervention; strike, lockout, or other labor dispute; national emergency, war (whether or not declared), terrorist attack, floods, accidents, epidemics, earthquakes, weather-related issues (including hurricanes, snowstorms and/or thunderstorms); or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor further reserves the right to take whatever action it deems necessary or appropriate in connection with the administration of the Promotion. Notice of cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension of the Promotion will be posted on the Seroogy’s Chocolates Facebook page and website.
Except where prohibited and subject to the releases and other provisions of these Official Promotion, each entrant: (1) agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state courts situated in the State of Wisconsin; (2) agrees that any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred and in no event shall include attorneys' fees associated with participation in the Promotion or any disputes arising from the same; (3) agrees that no indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or other damages, including without limitation, lost profits, may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"); and (4) waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO A PARTICULAR ENTRANT(S).
The Promotion and these Official Promotion Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
Additional Terms and Conditions, as dictated by the destinations participating in the Promotion, may apply.
8. MISCELLANEOUS: Winner is solely responsible for pick up and/or delivery associated with acceptance of a prize. Each entrant shall cooperate with Sponsor with respect to any applicable federal, state, or local tax reporting requirements related to the prize or other consideration received by the entrant. Each entrant is solely responsible for reporting and paying all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and any additional fees associated with prizes.
9. OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES: A copy of these Official Promotion Rules will be posted on seroogys.com and be available for at least 90 days after the close of the Sweepstakes.
10. SPONSORS: Seroogy’s Holiday House
11. IDENTITY OF WINNERS: All winners will be posted on our website
12. CONTACT: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org